Spectacular hawkweed blossoms
Snowshoeing and cross country skiing trails are plentiful - snowshoe trail right out the door
- Hike the Superior Hiking Trail and other trails--both discovered and undiscovered.
- Wildlife observation and birding. Plenty of birds and animals make their home all around The Outpost Motel.
- WILDFLOWERS in the spring and summer! There are so many!
- Mountain and Fat Tire Biking, or a leisurely bike ride through town!
- Artist's Point in Grand Marais.
- Devil's Kettle in Judge Magney State Park.
- Grand Portage Monument/Fur Trading Fort. There is a lot to look at in Grand Portage! You can't miss the falls. Beautiful!
- Hunting and fishing. Plenty of inland lakes, although we have had guests catch fish right from the shore in front of The Outpost!
- Wilderness drives up the Arrowhead or Gunflint Trails. Get lost in the beauty!
- Canoe trips into the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness, or kayak the various rivers, creeks, and lakes.
- Shop, dine, or tour the art galleries in Grand Marais.
- Participate in courses at the North House Folk School or Grand Marais Art Colony.
- Performances at the Arrowhead Center for the Arts. If you have not attended, you will be surprised!
- Fort William Historical Park in Thunder Bay, Ontario. A nice drive. Plenty to do in Thunder Bay for a day trip.
- Isle Royale National Park.
- Cross country and downhill skiing.
- Snowshoeing (a workout, but awesome!)
- Dogsledding day trips and dogsled races.